Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Josh-isms

Josh is one of the funniest people I know, he has such a sharp wit and he has a recall of things that are said that he can twist to make funny, sometimes months, even years after the event. Often it is just off the cuff remarks in all innocence when we are sitting having my favourite decaf flavoured crumb cake coffee (yum) and looking out over our yard, he pipes up.......... you know if it weren't for the weeds we would have no color on our lawn at all. It would be like me saying I look very pale except for the big red spot where a pimple is trying to procreate on my chin. Once I told him about the toklosh (evil spirit) and how certain tribes believed that if you put your bed on bricks the toklosh would not be able to get you. One day after a very harrowing day at the office, many months later, out of the blue he says to me, that's it, I am going home and putting my bed on bricks!!!

Its funny, I did a late night closing with this adorable mortgage broker who always requests me to do his closings. In fact his company has my voice on the answering machine, when I walked into the closing the attorneys office comes to a standstill and says oh my word its the voice. They thought the company had paid to have someone record their voice mail. Anyway Brian and I have these long discussions he is such a sweet guy who is has such a kind heart. He is adorable to look at. He is in an unhappy relationship and for the life of him can't understand what I see in Josh. Its so hard to explain to someone who is not married with kids how your heart melts when this gentle big man spends Saturday mornings watching cartoons with the kids, all three of them wrapped up in a big blanket, one girl on each knee, the girls love shnuggling with their dad and for me, well my heart melts. How when I am just too tired to go on he will. When something needs to get done no matter how late or hard it is he will do it. When I am overwhelmed he deflates the air out of my anxiety. How he makes me laugh, sometimes not at the time but often afterwards when I am out of the moment and can reflect on what he has said. We may not live in a fancy house or feel like we are always managing financially but we are on the same path and I think at the end of the day being on the same journey is what really counts.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals