Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fuck!!!!

Driving in the car with my sister, two kids safetly entrenched in the backseat of my car. A little Nikki voice, all of 5 squeaks up. Mom she says, why is fuck a bad word? She pronounced it so clearly too. I had to stop myself veering off the road, my sister was quite surprised at how calm I appeared - reeling inside. Nikki I say some words are just bad words, you will understand them when you are older, for now just know that we don't talk that way in our house. I was stern but calm. Ryan, I say, do you understand. Repeat it back to me. Where did you learn that word. Well daddy says it and Emma's big brother told us but she wouldn't say it, she knows its a bad word. Silence for a few minutes. Nikki chirps up, if no-one in our family talks that way why does daddy say it?? She got me there - hate when the kids outsmart the parents and she is only 5!!!! I don't stand a chance. I am sure daddy said something else that sounded the same I say, knowing full well that my husband has a mouth that would make sailors blush. Time to rein that cowboy in or at least his mouth anyway.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals