Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

6 degrees of separation....

I had a closing today. The buyer was purchasing a home from his best friend. The mortgage broker is a childhood friend. His lawyer knew him from when the purchaser was a kid. We do the closing, at the end he invites everyone at the table to his restaurant for lunch. Calda Pizzeria. No way I say. Don't you remember me, I am the person who brought you into the party world kicking and screaming. You see Ms. Ryan was turning 7. She wanted to have a baking party. At the time she was on a severely restriceted diet and sugar was the biggest no no of all. There are a few rather over-priced places that only make cookies or cupcakes. No pizza parties. So I worked the pizza places in our neighbourhood. No-one would even consider the idea. Until I met Chris at Calda. He was more then a bit hesitant but I did not get an overwhelming no. I worked on him for a few weeks and explained how when his restaurant was not open on a Saturday or Sunday he could get paid for parties, let the kids make their own pizza's and viola. It took about 5 meetings but he came over to my side (I can be a bit like a pitbull when need be), we worked out how to do it, and it went off with barely a hit. It was his partner/brother Denis's closing. He told me that they are doing so well with the parties and are booked up for months in advance. They are such sweet guys, I am so happy it worked out. The bank attorney walked in at that moment and heard the name - turns out it was her favourite pizza place and she recited the menu back to him with ease. The only person out of a rather full conference room that was not connected to the restaurant or the buyer was the sellers attorney. Its such a small out of the way place. Small world hey!!!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals