Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, March 20, 2006

Capote....................

Went to see Capote on Saturday Night. In a word. WOW. It has been a long time since I have been to a movie and when the credits roll up everyone sits there, completely quiet, waiting. It took us a few moments to realize it was over. It was a powerful movie and worthwhile seeing.

We were lucky enough to be accompanied by our friends Debie and Kevin. They are a fun couple, she is swiss and he grew up on Long Island in New York. They are the reason we actually stayed in New york. When I met them I was really at rock bottom, I was so miserable here and so unable to connect with people. Its so hard being a people person and being on a different plane to those around you. I had just been at a birthday party with Nikki for our across the street neighbours daughter who is 6 months older then Nikki. It was something to see, there were these grown women (all who live in walking distance of me), all who knew me, they made these little circles, and when I came up to them they would squeeze the circle shut and push me out. It was so juvenile. I spent the rest of the time by myself on a chair watching the gymnastics party and holding back tears. We had to leave early as Nikki (my social butterfly) had another party for her pre-school group. I called Josh on the way to the second party and said thats it, we are packing up, and we are moving and if you have to work in home depot to support us, I don't care, I can't take this anymore. I walked into the second party where we were treated like royalty, we call Nikki the little mayor as wherever she goes she has a little entourage and she has a magnetic personality. Well the ranks opened up and the mayor and I had a great time, it was at this party that I met Deb and through her a group of interesting, fun women that I could relate to. We started our creative moms club where we paint, tie dye or just have dinner and chat. Funny for her it was the same, her and my connection and the husbands connection is what kept us all in our homes and allowed us both to start making more friends and finally feeling at home here.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals