Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, February 04, 2005

Mommy Ruth

My sister has been stricken with a bout of Bells Palsey - it has been really hard for her, dealing with her career, her kids, her life with half her face literally frozen in place. Thankfully she is now 95% better. Like most things in life, Heid has kept her sense of humour throughout the experience and has barrelled forward into her life without letting it stop her or even slow her down.

I feel so fortunate to have the mother that I do, as soon as she heard about Heid's plight she booked herself on to the first possible flight she could get on to be with her daughter. My mom is truly a selfless person who puts so much time and energy into putting EVERYONE before herself. It is so wonderful having this woman in my life who I can lean on 100%. She arrived yesterday, after a grueling two day journey unpacked all her suitcases, repacked another for Florida, came to have ONE sleepover at my house :) and then was off early this morning to Florida to take care of her oldest baby.

Heid, when she heard my mom was coming, protested that it was silly of her to leave my dad and all the things she has to take care of in SA and come to Florida, although she would love to see her. Heid is a great and caring mom when she said that - I said to her, if your kids were not well where would you want to be and she said right with them. It really struck us both as amazing that my mom still feels the same way even now that we are not these cute cuddly little creatures our mommy still wants to kiss the boo boo better and be right there. Thanks mom for all that you do.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals