Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, January 23, 2006

off and running.................

The week took off with a vengance, felt like horses out of the starting gate and did not slow down. Work was crazy, I really do not function when sleep deprived and ended up having to fix up little things that I missed, not major issues just time consuming. Long closings and whacky stuff. Another day. Saturday was one of those days of juggling, Josh always lets me sleep late as I am a raving bitch when I do not have enough sleep and being married to the snorer from hell does not help things. The kids had back to back activities and Josh was sut from a hectic week and nights of being kicked awake by the bitchy wife who had been kept awake by the snorer from hell. It is rare that his energy levels are low, I sent him to bed, dropped Ry at horseriding, made some calls to set up a support system, dropped Nikki at her friend Cami, Loren took them to dance and another buddy in the class dropped her at the sitters house. Done with horseriding, finished homework, dropped Ry at the sitters home and went off to be zapped (I am doing laser hair removal ... can I just say OW!!!!) While I was being turned into the hairless wonder J had to work. We then met up with two other couples, and drove to the South African restaurant in Brooklyn, a Korean and Italian couple. Its been fun exploring each others cultural dishes and it was our turn. Next time we will do a braai at our house. The kids slept over at the sitter, we ran over to get them and headed out to Saint James (about 45 minutes away) for one of J's best friends kid's 6 year old party at http://www.sportsplusny.com/ice.htm what an unbelievable venue, with an indoor rollercoaster, bumper cars the works. I am not sure who had more fun, the kids or the grown ups!!!

Today Ry lost another tooth, this kid just slays me with her thoughtfulness and kindness, she wrote a letter to the tooth fairy, along with leaving a pile of coins so that the tooth fairy could have money to buy other kids gifts when they lose their teeth. She is truly one of the most generous souls I know. Today was a milestone for Nikki who read her first bedtime story to me - complete from cover to cover and I must say it was a pretty hard book. That little face with the glasses, holy moly she has me wrapped!!!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals