Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, January 16, 2006

Times they are a changing!!!!

Its hard to imagine that I struggled to make friends in NY. For me making friends in SA was equivalent to breathing. I managed to have many acquaintances and a core group of like minded souls who made up my closest friends. I am fortunae to still have most of these people in my life and have managed to make some new friends along the way. Unfortunately I could not connect with the folks in my immediate vicinity. New Yorkers are an odd lot for the most part and try as I may I was rejected at every turn. About two years ago that all changed. Josh and I went from being bored on a Saturday Night, to having a whole lot of plans. I hated being reliant on J and the internet for companionship. I need people to connect with in the flesh. People I can hang out with and laugh. Nikki has an uncanny ability to attract people to her and she makes friends wherever we go. Not only does she attract people but she attracts the type of kids that I like with parents I can relate to. Saturday Night I organized a night out with the parents of the girls in the class. It is a great mix of working moms from various backgrounds and nationalities. Doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. Interesting people who know how to kick back and have a laugh. Everyone had a geat time and I must say it was so nice being able to connect with so many different people. It was so hard feeling that it was me for the longest time. I guess I finally found people to call my own. I am still connected to Nikki's pre-school group through whom I have met other people and now to the parents and kids in her current class. Josh and laughed as we had to turn down our 4th Superbowl party invite, who would ever have guest we would finally be in demand!! My the times they are a'changing.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals