Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, January 12, 2006

You QUIT Me??

I spent the good part of a closing being yelled at my my 5 year old. This incredulous little high pitched voice shouting "You QUIT me???" You see it happened again, the trials of being a working mom .... Ryan off in her carpool, the little one waiting for mom, all dressed up in her little leotard waiting for me. Me stuck at least an hour away, caught I a closing that should by all means have ended by 3pm affording me plenty of time to get home and get her "-ship" to gymnastics. Little indignant person, so seething mad, so little control over her world. I could not stop laughing, I could not breath, I could just picture the scene, she was red hot mad. I felt bad, I did but the "You QUIT me", just slayed me. No love I told her I did not quit you, you will just have to miss this week (and last week and the three before that), Mommy has to work. Mommy needs to work and most importantly, Mommy wants to work.

This has been the week of inconsiderate people, yesterdays closing the purchaser arrived 4.5 hours late, no explaination, nothing, his attorney was there, the bank attorney was there, the seller and his attorney was there, I was there but the purchaser felt way more important then us ..... 4.5 hours late. beaten by the seller of todays closing - 5 hours late. get a clue people, get a watch. Get with it for G-d sake why must we all wait on you. I too have a life and a family. Its lucky I love my job and the people who I spent the time with happened to be great, lots of laughs and interesting stuff.

Now back to Ms. Muffet, the 5 year old drama queen. It seems she needs reading glasses - I ask you how many 5 year olds need reading glasses, she insisted on choosing what she wants, I got a magazine, showed her what color tag to look for and she could choose what she wanted. The optometrist and his assistant were horrified that I let her do exactly what she wants, but you see its only their first meeting. They don't know about the kid who decides she can swim and without a single lesson, pulls off her water wings dives into the deepend and swims. They don't know about the 18 month old who decided no diapers, pulled them off at a swanky club in Manhattan and never wore them again. She did the same with her pacifier, bottle and booster seat. No this kid, she know exactly what she wants, if they think I am going to care what glasses she wears they have got to be kidding!! She finally comes up to me, that delicious little elastic face, the face all screwed up, furrows on her brow. Mom, she says I am not going to wear glasses. Knowing how she loves the drama of life, I say Nik, you gotta be kidding me, glasses?? You don't want glasses, thats fine, but just remember that glasses are jewellery for the face, if you find the right pair I will buy rhinestones for them and put them on and they will sparkle. The furrows relax, she says can I have hot pink rhinestones, I say sure. She carefully examines the pair that can hold the most rhinestones, hey that's my kid!!! Nik Nuk just so you know, this Mommy is never going to quit you, ever.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals