Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, October 09, 2006

Inner Peace

Since returning from South Africa I try really hard to hang onto the inner peace I found while on the journey. I make a conscious effort to not get bogged down by the hectic pace in New York, the aggression that surrounds me, not one to meditate, not religious either, I gravitate to that place deep within me that I rediscovered and do not wish to let go.

It gets hard to do, especially when faced by a 3:30pm real estate closing in downtown Brooklyn, near the courts on, well, Court Street of course. There I was faced by a prick of attorney who was so nasty, for no apparent reason. He took an instant dislike to me from the minute I walked in the door.

I have never had that experience. He literally threw my business card back at me (its customary to present the three attorneys at the table with your card), he was so obnoxious. I kept my cool, was polite back but have to admit my patience wore thin by the end of the long complicated closing, I starting snapping back at him. It was bad enough having to face crazy Friday afternoon traffic but he was such a bitter person to deal with. I felt cloaked by his negativity, I felt the tears welling up but would not succumb until I was safetly enclosed in my car, where there was a parking ticket waiting for me - and it was not even Friday the 13th. Best I stay home next week.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals