Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Nikki-ism................

It has been a crazy week, late night closings. I have not slept in weeks, my head keeps racing at 3am and Ijust can't switch it off. Friday Night was nikki's dance recital and Sunday is Ry's birthday party. There has been a lot of stuff to get done and hectic does not even begin to describe the pace. I just had to share a Nikki-ism with you.

After she completed her dance number, Nikki came to sit on my lap and watch the rest of the show. One of the numbers was a soloist, a ballet dancer. Nikki looked at her after seeing so many groups and said to me "Mommy, why is she dancing by herself?" I replied, "She is really good. One day if you practise really hard, listen to your teacher and try your best you can also dance by yourself, we call that a solo. But you need to be really good and work really hard." She sat back and watched the rest of the number. The next group was a really large one, at least 15 kids, "Boy, mom", Nikki says to me "they must be really bad!!" I could not stop laughing. I just don't think she knows how funny she is.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals