Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, May 29, 2006

Explaining the unexplainable!!!

"Mommy", Niiki says to me. Eyes huge. Tears brimming over. "When are you going to die"?? "I don't know my love, why do you ask??" I reply. She climbs onto my lap, little body starts trembling and the tears start to flow. A little whispering, whimpering Nikki says, "Mommy please don't die". "I wasn't planning to my love," I say. Holding her tight. She crawls into a fetal position and I lie behind her, her body encompassed in mine, little soft curls under my chin. "Mommy, why do people die and where do they go," my sobbing princess asks. "Nikki my love, I don't know for sure," I say softly, "I will always be with you in your heart. Those we love never leave us, we carry them forever in our heart", and I trace where her tiny heart is. I'll always be in there. But she says, "I want your body to be here to. Don't ever leave me mommy, I need you too much". I hold her tightly, a long, long time, not really sure how to explain the unexplainable to the inconsolable. She has thee moments every few months, not sure why she feels like I am going to leave her and its funny because its always been my biggest fear that I would die young, I don't believe I have ever verbalized it outside of cyberspace but she feels my fear and hangs on to it and I can't take the fear away from her when it is still very much a part of me.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals