Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, February 13, 2006

Blizzard of 2006.................

The heavens opened up and dumped mounds of snow all over Long Island. A record breaking blizzard, over 18 inches of snow. It is just magical. I can't believe the size of the snowflakes, huge discs of white floating down from the sky. It was a great experience as it forced us to slow down to take a breath and just stop. I can't remember the last time we spent an entire weekend with the kids indoors with nowhere to be and nothing to do. It was delicious. The girls were unbelievably good and I must say as kids who are not exposed to much high tech activity they really spent the day playing nicely with each other. There was the occassional spat but for the most part they created stories and played house. We did spend a good amount of time making shrinky dink valentines day charms for all the kids in their classes, after my stand against sugar and junk in the school I could hardly send in lollipops. School is cancelled for the day, when it warms up a bit outside we are going to head out for some sledriding followed by coffee and hot chocolate, for now peace reigns and my girls made a sofa out of the mound of pillows on my bed and are quite content to watch some TV and chill out, giving mom some alone time to catch up with some pals online.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals