Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl Sunday!!!!!

Last night was Super Bowl Sunday, the night when America comes to a standstill, women across the country applaud or curse, depending on the nature of their relationships as today, the Monday after Superbowl, they get their husbands back. Divorce decrees are put on hold for another year.

Luckily for me, Josh is into rugby and not football, which is awesome as it is always played in a different times zone which entails him leaving before the roosters wake up to eat biltong with my dad and shout at or for the Boks!!! This allows me the opportunity to lie diagonally across the bed and actually get a decent night sleep!!! Love that.

I love Superbowl because I get to hangout and eat all my favourite foods, chili dips, buffalo wings and sandwiches that are longer then my husband is tall. He is no shrimp (oh yeah and they have shrimp too), its a full gluttuneous fest and I enjoy it with gusto.

We started off at one of Ryan's friends parents house where it was quite sedate with a lot of 8 year old girls running around. We managed to make a serious dent in their offerings before heading to my buddy Deb's house. Deb has tow kids, one of 6 and one of 43. Her husband Glenn missed his calling as a camp director. He transforms his house into a haunted house for halloween and we stepped into a football stadium, he missed nothing - he redecorated the ENTIRE house, banners as you walk on the porch, huge football shaped coolers, inflattable footballs hanging down from the chandelier, he renamed every room, put greens on the floor, he even changed the lights to football light fixtres. He set up a whole list of games for the kids with tons of prizes, he even hired a magician, it is so rare that we keep our kids out late, especially on a week night but last night we did not get home before 10:30pm, we dragged ourselves away. She had such a great mix of interesting people to chat with and sample delicacies with - yup my no watchingthe superbowl reputation is still intact, but we had a jol. Thanks Deb!!!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals