Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Degrees of normal.....

I think the older we are, the more people we meet, the more we realize how hard some peoples lives have been. How ever screwed up our upbringings, however whacky our family, they are our basis of normalicy, they are the mark by which we compare everything in our lives, our sense of normalcy. I don't strive for normal, and don't search for it in others, I want people who bring colour to my life and their interesting stories, their lives fill my canvas with so many depths and colours. I feel inspired by them and love the advice that people with direct access to their souls give.

I am grateful to have been relatively unscathed by my youth and been surrounded with the parents I have been. They have made their mistakes, of course, but I feel so lucky to have them in my life and I hope not to pass their mistakes on to my kids but to invent my own. My kids will have issues because or inspite of me, I guess thats part of giving them character so they can be people I can relate to when they turn into adults and pass their judgement on my life and my dealings with them.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals