Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, February 03, 2006

Grounds for divorce!!!!!

4am my husband sets off the house alarm. Nikki wakes up hysterically crying, I rush to defend my family against some unknown intruders, wearing a towel - thought I would just drop it and scare them away with the sight of me. Nope my dearest husband decides that he is going to start walking, and while I applaud the effort and no-one looks forward to a slimmer him then me, did he have to drag the whole friggin' household in his wake?

About 6 months ago there was a spate of robberies in our neighbourhood, just for a few months and the police caught the guys who terrorized the entire county where I live. We got into the habit of putting our alarm on at night, I know it sounds whacky but after the Elizabeth Smart incident (the beautiful girl who was kidnapped out of her bed while her family slept), I have not slept properly. American houses are noisy, built out of wood and we have wooden floors so sound travels like crazy. Everytime I heard a noise I would jump up to check on my sleeping beauties. Since we started using the alarm I have slept soundly so have insisted that we use it every night. Times like this morning I regret it, my kids were up and at 'em after their wake up calla nd Mister Mister was off walking in the rain. I am so not a morning person, I need to bathe in coffee before I can even attempt any form of pleasantries.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals