Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ethical dilemma

I was brought up in a household where your word is your bond, you learned to treat others as you wished to be treated and a whole litany of other cliches that make up my moral fibre. I am not sure if I am in the wrong country or wrong profession. Many people seem to have the proverbial FU tatooed on their foreheads in NY. I strive to do the best work I can, I love what I do, I meet fascinating people and really love the intricasies of the job. I try to be honorable where many are not. Last night I had a closing where a company was raping the clients for want of a better word. The bank attorney and I conspired to get the company I work for to lower their astronomical fees. Little did we know that the mortgage banker happens to own both the title company and the mortgage company. Talk about a conflict of interest. Holy cow. Well today it all exploded. I have to learn to keep quite and let the pillaging go on without my input. The poor people who are getting treated this way, honest salt of the earth folks, in danger of losing their home because they want their kids to have a better future, mortgaged to the hilt for college tuition. What a wonderful world this can be...........................

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals