Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Whirlwind Weekend

This weekend whirled around us, leaving us absolutely exhausted but it was really a great one. Friday Night was at a friend of Nikki's Birthday party. This friends mother is a riot and we honestly did not stop laughing for a minute. She has got such a great family and I must say it always makes me feel like home to be around them. We did not get home until almost midnight so the kids were zonked which obviously did not hamper their 6am wake up call - what is with that??

Did the birthday party shuffle on Saturday Morning it was great hanging out with my group of Yentas as the kids got sugared up and painted works of art. We then got home and went into high gear had 24 people coming over for dinner. What started out as impromptu pizza party became a gourmet Eliasov catering event. Am not really sure which deficient gene kicks into play but all I know is that I hear my moms voice loud and clear berating me for serving ordered in food. She always goes to such great lengths to cook up a storm and I fear that I too have that gene that feeds people until they can no longer move and makes sure that there is enough food for at least ten times the amount of people that are expected.

It was a great night although it was another late one followed by yet another early morning - what is with my kids that they can function at such high speeds on such little sleep. Have some rachmonas for your poor folks. After the soccer shuffle, another Yenta fest, Josh and I packed the kids up and headed for the beach. He has a permit for his jeep and we often go for picnics and watch the sunset, either with the kids or with another couple. It just fills the soul with such peace. It was a pretty cold day and the kids had such fun rolling down sand dunes. They then got into water play which we had warned them not to. It was so hard being a responsible parent, they were having so much fun and we were so relaxed but I had to cut the day short, wrap up my soaking wet kids and head for home. We all felt a little cheated. We then got into our jacuzzi bath tub and settled in for a night of family shnuggle time - videos and two little bodies pressed between mom and dad. Good stuff.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals