Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Election Day takes Second Place :)

Josh used to be a very staunch Republican, very involved in politics, thus every election he was busy working for the political party setting up polling stations, managing candidates, etc. Then he met me, lucky for him my birthday is November 2nd (election day) and he had to give up all those activities or endure the evil eye for a good month after (no candidate was worth my evil eye :) Luckily he has joined the ranks of regular voter and every year we get to cancel eachothers votes out. His mom used to cancel him out and this year I called her to let her know that for the first time in over 20 years her vote actually counted as I was going to cancel Josh out :)

Growing up in a family where birthdays are not the high holy day like they are in the Eliasov household has taken some adjustment for Josh. I must say has been the source of many a good fight. This year he finally got the hint, ok we have only been married for 9 years, he is a man - what does one expect. He started my day with full fanfare, complete with two little princesses dressed in homemade crowns (they each made a crown for me as well), carrying handmade banners and gifts, singing Happy Birthday - it was so friggin' cute even at 6:00am. We then um'd and ah'd over all the goodies they had collected for me. They had decorated the kitchen with scooby-doo banners and while food at 6:30am is not something I stomach too well, a few bites of cereal was worth the look in their eyes.

Being Election Day there was no school and I ended up setting up a battallion of playdates to keep them occupied. Josh was going to take me to dinner but the kids were too wound up to eat in a restaurant and I wanted to include them in the celebration, so we ordered in and ate yummy birthday cake - it was a great birthday. Thanks sweetie.

Tomorrow I am going out with friends from the neighbourhood, Josh organized a luncheon at a very snazzy restaurant for us all. I am looking quite forward to it. When the man takes a hint, he sure takes a hint :)

I just wanted to thank everyone who e-mailed or called, it really meant the world to me. I think Birthdays and Yom Tov are the times that the distance between us all seems so much bigger.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals