Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, October 29, 2004

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

The Halloween Party for Ryan's school is tonight. I try not to think about what Halloween represents and just look at it as an opportunity to dress up, eat oodles amount of candy and scare the crap outta my kids (only kidding :) The girls love dressing up and decorating the front yard. Josh and I were at the school last night putting up decorations. It has been fun spending the schools money and I must say we have been under budget (which is not a good thing as next year's committee gets less money and there is a huge surplus in the PTA fund as it is), so yesterday I went a little wild buying ghosts and goblins :) The school expects 1,200 people to show up - oy vey what have I gotten mself into??

I have a live-in housekeeper who is from Zambia, she is an incredibly sweet and religious woman and won't even do homework with Ryan that has anything to do with Halloween. Obviously the teachers stick with a theme to keep the kids interested and there is always a holiday around the corner for them to use (my personal favourite is Thanksgiving which is at the end of November). The kids are beyond excited about the prospect of gorging themselves on candy all weekend long. I for one will be hitting the gym with a vengance on Monday.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals