Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Happy Halloween

Listening to renditions of trick or treat smell my feet give me something nice to eat at 6am in the morning is truly a brutual reminder of what lies ahead. My 4 year old soprano (and while she is no mobster she steals my heart with that high pitched little voice) is so eager to consume as much sugar as her little body can hold. Growing up in Africa and never experiencing the Halloween phenomenom it is quite exciting getting caught up in the childrens imaginations and following them to their Hansel and Gretel Gingerbread House where they can ingest sugar to their hearts content.

I for one love the holiday, I love embracing my inner child and externalizing her for one day without getting sideward glances from those around me. This year I decided (heaven help me) to organize the Halloween Party for Ryan's Elementary School. My friend Reina who is on the committee with me, signed up for it, as it is usually considered one of the easiest events to organize. Then steps in Ms. Pom Pom (a long story but its along the lines of ask me for one simple little thing and I waltz in with 150 - yeah Ands I knowhee hee :) and as Reina terms it, it went from a party to a Barmitzvah. In previous years the kids basically walked down a hallway where bored parents sat on a chair with a basket of candy beside them and doled out a piece of candy to each kid. It was started as a safe way to trick or treat. Pretty pathetic if you ask me ........ so I have been brought up to believe that if you don't like something, change it. So this year we have the very first haunted house, scary story time, and creepy crafts. We went shopping for the haunted house, bought the meanest, scariest and most awesome stuff - right down to the haunted forest decorations and fog machine when the kids enter the school. We will have 1200 people there and it will either be the biggest flop or get them begging for something bigger and better next year. Of course this comes with its special brand of problems, could it ever be easy??? The party is on Friday, it 1pm on Monday and the haunted house may be cancelled ... hmmmm hopefully they will let me know before them. I thought dealing with corporate America was tough, let me tell you step aside Stepford Wives, these PTA chicks kick butt ......................... I will post pics if I ever learn how and if it ever happens ....... Dee, show me the way.
Happy Halloween...................

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals