Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, November 01, 2004

Pumpkin Patch oh, oh, oh Pumpkin Patch

Saturday was a dreary day and my kids got their usual 6am start. By 9am they were going stir crazy. We threw on Jackets, loaded them in the car and headed for Schmitts Farm out on route 110 where we went on Hayrides and did pumpkin picking. People don't really pick pumpkins its more like choose a pumpkin. They have a huge field with a huge amount of pumpkins ranging in size from around 40lbs to 1lb. We told the girls that they could have whatever size pumpkin they wanted so long as they could carry it. So they start on the huge ones, can't budge it, and slowly work their way down to the one-to two-pounders. Ry examined each one carefully. From the corner of my eye, I see Nikki, the little peanut (all of 29 pounds) rolling the hugest pumkin ever. Josh and I were so impressed with her for working out that she could roll it instead of lifting it that we bought it for her, yup we bought her a 35 pound pumpkin!!!! We bought another huge one, headed home. Cleaned out the girls pumpkin, roasted the pumpkin seeds, scooped out the flesh of the pumpkin for pumpkin pie, and the girls drew Jack O'Lanterns which we carved. We had the fireplace roaring and it was just such a great picture book moment.

The second pumpkin became the stew pot, we attempted my mom's recipe for baked pumpkin where you cut up all the veggies, season, mix with rice and bake it inside the pumpkin for a few hours, it was really yummy. Although we will be eating pumpkin for the next 6 months it was loads of fun.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals