Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Votes are All In

I sit here a bit shell shocked. Kerry lost. I can't even say that Bush won. Kerry, while not my first choice for leader was unfortunately the only option we had to oust Bush. Why is it that people can't see how dangerous Bush is? Having grown up under apartheid I have seen how narow-minded, religious fanatics operate and it scares me. I can't say that I ever expected Kerry to win, but the truth is I was just hoping he would.

My mind hops around the mine-field of democracy and wonders if this is what it is all about??? What message are Americans sending to the rest of the world? Is this not just the green light for terrorist organizations to flaunt their power? As a parent I fear for my kids, I wonder if there will be a draft and if it is implimented will it be like Israel and affect girls as well?

The American army is spread too thin. Bush has not learned from the likes of Napolean or even Hitler (hmmm interesting company he would keep) I have told Josh in no uncertain terms that if there is a draft he better be prepared to pull up stakes and move. He would love to go live in South Africa. It is not an option for me. I did not go through what I did to one day have my kids leave me for a place where they can have opportunities.

I don't know where life is better, I just don't like what the crystal ball holds for the future - there are too many nut jobs out there and unfortunately there is one running this country.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals