Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Picture the scene.............

Yesterday I am sitting in my car minding my own business, listening to the radio in a parking lot. I drive a Dodge Durango which has tinted windows (not completely dark but just a tint to them). A woman walks up to my car with her keys and is trying to open the door, I realize that she thinks it is her car, I start laughing hysterically, open the door and say to her, this is not your car. She turned white, nearly had a heart attack, can you just imagine, trying to get into you car, getting frustrated because the keyless entry is not working and then the door opens and a complete stranger tells you this is not your car. I could not breathe I was laughing so hard, I had to apologize and explain to her that the reason I was laughing was because it was something that I would typically do!!!

Valentines Day was meant to be a chilled, relaxing day, the kids and I had a whole afternoon of activities planned, unfortunately work beckoned and my 11am closing did not end until 8:30pm, I did not get home until 9:30pm. I was really upset not to have seen the girls and heard about all their valentines and parties they had at school. I came home exhausted. Cancelled Nikki's playdate for the next day as I had to work late and could not pick her up. I dragged myself into the bedroom where Josh had lit candles everywhere, had my favourite crowded house songs playing, he had turned back the sheets to give me a massage, had flowers, a card and a huge box of chocolates waiting for me. He really is such a sweetie. Every Valentines Day he buys a box of chocolates for his two girls and for our housekeeper, he is a smart man, he knows being surrounded by so many women he has to keep them calm and happy!!

Monday was a snow day, the kids and I went sledriding and out for lunch at the diner, they really are such good kids, they then spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard constructing a snow fort. I love sledriding but my favourite snow activity is snow tubing, maybe next year. Here are some pics of our time sledriding...

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals