Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, November 15, 2004

Home in a heartbeat

We had such a wonderful weekend, spent Saturday Night celebrating a friends 40th birthday with a whole group of interesting and funny people. It was really a great evening. Yesterday was my favourite kind of day an impromptu gathering with lots of people. The day started with a call from my cousin Darren to see if we want to get together. I told him I can throw a pot of chili together - he loves chili so the afternoon was set in motion. I called Josh who was on the soccer field with Nikki. Our firend Kevin heard him say that Chili was fine for dinner, so Kevin Promptly invited his family (of 4) for dinner. At that time I was at a birthday party with Ryan and my friend Nancy was there with her husband Brian. Brian asked me if Josh knew anything about TV's, I said no but he was in luck as my cousin Darren was coming over for dinner and he was welcome to come for chili to. So we went from nothing to having 14 people over for a late lunch earlier dinner. They came from 2p and stayed until 9pm, the kids ran ragged, we laughed so much. It was really the perfect kind of day. At one point in the day I just sat back and looked at all the people having a great time in my home and it just felt so good. I think growing up in a country like South Africa where hospitality is as natural as breathing it just warms the soul to have ones home vibrate with people, laughter and tons of food. Truly my favourite kind of day.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals