Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mommy's Little Darlings.... yeah right!

As a mother ones first instinct is to defend ones little pups whenever possible. Josh and I were watching "Everyone Loves Raymond" last night, the premise was about their daughter being bullied by an older boy. Raymond rushes to her defense, goes as far as to catch the bus to school with his daughter. Says to the bus driver when they get to school, see how they don't try any funny stuff when I am here. She smiles and says - yeah, she wouldn't try anything with you here. She he asks? yes she says - your daughter is the bully.

It reminds me of an incident last year when Ry would come home in tears talking about our neighbour whose son would tease her, she was 6 at the time and he was 8. He really should have known better. It eventually got so bad that Ry refused to catch the bus anymore. I called the mom a little snippy to discuss it with her. Yes she says I am well aware of it, every morning your daughter gets on the bus and calls him stinky boy and hits him with her backpack. Sheesh ended up I had to take her over for a pow wow for Ryan to apologize!!!

Last week my sister Ninnette arrived for a visit. She is a wonderful person and it is always good to see her. Nin and I travel in different universes, I believe if we were not sisters we would not be friends. She has an incredibly responsible position at work and has achieved many things in her life that as her sister I am incredibly proud of her for. As the baby of the family, we older siblings get to shake our heads in wonder at how she manages to to function at all, she is umarried and unecumbered by the routines of kids, snack time, potty time or any of the other fun occurences of a parents day. She gets to flit in and out and make spur of the moment decisions that usually have those of us in structured existences scrambling to try make happen. She is unable to plan more then a few moments ahead. She sent me an e-mail giving me her flight time but failed to mention what airline and flight number it was going to be. In the past I would frantically try call her and track her down and try get the details, my mom was freaking out because I told her my new attitude is, give me the details and I will be there, if not catch a cab or get to me when you can. I can't scramble to make someone elses plans work when my life is already so hectic. There are 8 terminals at JFK, millions of flights coming and going. Lucky for Nin she managed to e-mail the info to me and I got it before I left to visit Dawn. Once I see Nin I am always pleased to see her and spend time with her, the kids adore their aunt and I happen to think she is very special, I don't think we will ever orbit around the same planet but I guess that is what makes family so interesting.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals