Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, April 07, 2006

Against all odds.......

Yesterday I went to visit my friend Dawn. She fell while working at a show (she is a rather enterprising sort). Dee is one of the people I admire in this world. She is a great friend and a very special person. Dee had physical limitations that would set some people so far back they would never recover, but she manages to not only do but excel at what she does. Dee is not defined by her handicap and as a result people who know her do not remember that she even has one until something like this happens. You can read more about Dee and her issues on her site - my sidebar Dawn Unplugged. (I swear I still can't do those damn link thingy magigy's).

Dee's fall has left her pretty incapacitated and confined to a chair. Dee and I live between 45 minutes and three hours away from each other depending on the volume of traffic. Yesterday was a three hour day. I have been unable to see her since her tumble and this was my first day to do so, I did my Thursday agenda on Wednesday night after work, I am having 40 people over for a braai/BBQ on Sunday and needed to do all the prep work, pre-cook chicken, marinate steak, make mac-n'cheese and desserts. The cook ahead and freeze life of a working mom.

Seeing Dee is always hard as we have such a lag (laugh) and its always hard to leave. Geographically we are not that far but making the time to see each other is so hard to do and something that we only manage a few times a year. Its unfortunate especially as we are connected through many people we know in common and by our similar outlooks on many aspects of life, and those things that we don't agree on, boy can we argue about!!! She has such an incredible perspective and is one of the parents whom I admire, she really taps into her sons soul and treasures who he is in a way that is very special. Thank G-d for the internet, through it I get to "speak" to her on a daily basis even if its for a few minutes in our parallel lives.

Feel better my friend. It was great seeing you, wish it were under better circumstances.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals